Dream Greener’s lawn health program will improve address the weed population, insect and disease issues and improve the overall health, color and density of your lawn. Our plan is tailored to our specific Pittsburgh climate and geographic conditions.
Gorgeous green grass provides many benefits:
- Lawns are a living organism that produce oxygen, which has a major impact on making the earth habitable.
- Dust and smoke in the air is trapped on grass blades which work as an air cleaner.
- Noise is absorbed by grass and it cuts down on excessive sound.
- Grass can control erosion of soil by water.
- Turf reduces environmental heat and provides a cooling effect.
- Green spaces improve wellness and reduce stress
Fertilizing Your Lawn
Fertilization is an essential part of turf care. Most soils lack the nutrients necessary for a lawn to thrive. A well fertilized lawn is healthier and greener, and it’s also better at preventing weed corruption. Disruptions such as drought and disease take their toll, and a healthy turf is better able to withstand these attacks.
Fertilizer is made up of three major ingredients:
- Nitrogen- makes grass grow and makes grass greener
- Phosphorus- stimulates root growth and seedling development
- Potassium- increases disease and drought tolerance
These three components are listed in the form of Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium in numerical correlation by the amount of each. For example 10-10-10 would be a balanced food with equal parts nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Fertilizer must be applied at the proper time with the correct amount and Dream Greener’s professionals are here to help you.
Weeds are an unsightly detraction from the beautiful landscape you desire. Our weed control program will help eliminate unsightly aggressive weeds.
Dream Greener uses both pre-emergent and post-emergent applications to control crabgrass. We will apply liquid weed control at the appropriate times to address unsightly weeds.
The Use of Herbicides
Hand pulling weeds in turf could take days, and some weeds cannot be controlled by hand pulling because of the underground structures left behind. Herbicides are helpful. Our liquid weed controls are pre-emergent, which prevents the germination of weeds and post-emergent which target growing weeds. We also carry products to address hard to control weeds such as Nutsedge.
Your turf will improve with from Dream Greener’s tailored care and treatment plan. Ask your Dream Greener service professionals to help you determine the appropriate mowing and watering program to ensure optimum results from your treatment program.
“Outstanding service! Workers are very professional and go above and beyond! Highly recommend. Any questions I have, Jon is always very responsive. A+++++”